Massage Oils: Skin Care Products: Tranquility Oils: Sports Rubs: Natural Oil :
EMU OIL PRODUCTS CAPTURE THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF AUSTRALIA AND IS THE PERFECT MEANS TO BRING A DELIGHTFUL RELAXING FEEL TO YOUR SKIN AND MUSCLES.
THESE PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN FORMULATED USING NATURAL EMU OIL, IN COMBINATION WITH SELECTED ESSENTIAL OILS TO CREATE A TRULY UNIQUE AND SOOTHING PERSONAL CARE RANGE.
ALL PRICES SHOWN ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS
SECURE SHOPPING CART
PURE EMU OIL
Emu oil has been used for thousands of years by the Australian aborigines. They have relied on the healing qualities. It is one of natures finest emolients and moisturises. Emu oil is rich in vitamins A, E an F. It protects, nourishes and moisturises the skin. Great for sunburn, or wind burn. Emu oil is extremely low allergenic, therefore ideal for sensitive skin. There are no known side effects and in its natural state doesn't support any bacterial organisms You can use Emu Oil for the following
HOW DOES EMU OIL WORK?
Moisturiser Hands, Face, Arms, Legs, Hair etc.
Massage It is a great carrier oil for mixing with other oils
Inflamation, Aching Muscles It will penetrate deeply and work to cut down inflammation, open up blood capillaries and promote increased blood flow and oxygen to problem areas. This is essential for muscle and joint problems.
Bites, Burns and Cuts It promotes faster healing with reduced pain
- 1. Emu Oil is a mixture including unsaturated oils. It penetrates the skin unlike mineral or saturated oils that leave an oily film on the skin. Emu oil is an excellent carrier of other oils i.e. essential oils.
- 2. It has been demonstrated that emu oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which may assist in reducing swelling and maybe relieve arthritis and rheumatism pain in some people.
- 3. Used for cell regeneration i.e. for dermatitis, psoriasis & eczema.
- 4. The anti-inflammatory properties reduce the swelling of insect bites, stinging nettle etc.
- 5. Relieves burns and aids in skin regeneration.
- 6. Can help relieve cold sores if used straight away.
- 7. Solidifies in winter therefore place bottle in hands to gently warm and make it liquid again.
- 8. Beneficial for the healing of chicken pox sores.
- 9. Excellent for use on cradle cap and nappy rash
50 ml Pure Emu Oil (2.2oz)- email us for costs
125m1 Pure Emu Oil (4.3oz) - email us for costs
250m1 Pure Emu Oil (8.4oz) email us for costs
1 Litre - (33.8oz) email us for costs
(larger sizes are available)
email us for costs
(larger sizes available)
A deep penetrating rub with essential oils of Ginger, Cajeput, Pine, Clove, Wintergreen, Juniper, Menthol, Marjoram & Black Pepper. It’s Australia’s answer to Tiger Balm. It has more heat than the Sports Rub and our customers use it for muscle aches & pains, strains and the relief of headaches when rubbed onto the temples every 30 minutes. Relief can be expected within 3 hours..
The sports massage therapist for the Australian Netball team & the Opals is currently using the Emu Balm
EMU OIL RUB 125m1 (4.3oz)-
email us for costs
(Iarger sizes available)
A deep penetrating massage oil that contains the same essential oils as the Emu Balm. Footballers in particular like this, as they prefer using oil to a massage rub. Used for muscle aches & pains, strains.
Used for the temporary relief of back pain.
KiS It Better 60m1 (2.2oz)-
email us for costs
A natural antiseptic, that contains Emu Oil as the base and enhanced with Tea Tree Oil & Eucalyptus Oil. It’s excellent for stings and bites or cuts and abrasions.
LEATHER CONDITIONER 100g -(3.53oz) AUD $16.00
email us for costs
A natural conditioner that has been blended with Emu Oil, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus Oil. It can be used for boots, bags, saddles, belts, lounges and anything leather.
* Most products can be bought in bulk quantities as well as the retail sizes quoted above.
Any information contained on this website is not intended as medical advice.
Return to top
email us HERE for other area costs or weights
WE WILL SEND GOODS AIRMAIL WHEN THE PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
ALL PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (Subject to change without notice)
1 x 250 ml (8.45 fl oz) = 300 gm (10 oz) packaged
1 x 130ml (4.3 floz) = 160gm (5oz) packaged
1 x 100gm (3.52oz) = 140gm (6oz) packaged
1 x 15gm (0.53oz) = 50gm (2oz) packaged
Return to Postage
How and why does Emu Oil work? Emu oil works better than other natural oils for several reasons:
1. Emu oil is almost 100% triglyceride lipid. Triglycerides (a type of fatty compound) are abundant in human skin lipids, meaning that the composition of fatty acids in human skin is very similar to that of emu oil. This makes the absorption of emu oil into human skin faster and more effective.
2. It is high in oleic acid, which increases its ability to carry compounds through the skin.
3. It does not contain phospholipids, which make absorption more difficult. This absence of phospholipids makes emu oil highly penetrating and allows it to absorb through the skin more easily.
Emu oil properties documented by U.S. Government patents reduces inflammation caused by arthritis anti-bacterial a low irritant anti-inflammatory non-comedogenic (will not clog pores) Emu oil can penetrate through and condition multiple skin layers reduce swelling and muscle soreness heal burns, wounds, injuries, minor cuts and scratches enhance skin's growth activity to help prevent and reduce scarring improve condition and rate of growth of hair and nails soothe discomfort from sunburns, insect bites, and rashes help skin to withstand colder climates.
Emu Farmers, a hospital, a research and development body and a rubbing oil
company it is an unusual combination but these four groups are working together to find a healing product for a number of medical conditions.
Emu oil has for many years been used in the treatment of musculoskeletal aches and pains but its potential to go beyond this is currently being examined by the South Australian Research and Development Institute, the Women's and Children's Hospital, the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation, Therapeutic Oils Corporation and the Emu Industry Federation of Australia.
"In our studies, the most impressive effect of emu oil is as an anti-inflammatory agent," said CEO of Therapeutic Oils Corporation, Professor Alf Poulos. "The data show that the application of emu oil significantly reduces the degree of inflammation," Professor Poulos said.
Because of its anti-inflammatory effects, emu oil has the potential to treat the symptoms of diseases caused by overactivity of the immune system, such as arthritis and a variety of skin disorders. Disease symptoms result from damage to tissues (caused by an overactive immune system) and emu oil works by dampening the immune system thereby lessening or preventing this damage.
At the moment though, the research is focusing on developing oils with optimum anti-inflammatory activity. "While the work has confirmed the potent anti-inflammatory effects of emu oil, it also showed the variability in the efficacy of oils obtained from different sources.The reason for this variability is not known," Professor Poulos said. "Therapeutic Oils Corporation was established to improve the efficacy of oils available to consumers and this is being achieved through the use of a patented process to grade an oil according to its anti-inflammatory activity.
"While the process was developed from work carried out on emu oil, it is likely that it is applicable to other natural oils." Phil Glatz, SARDI research scientist coordinating the project, said the research findings indicate a tremendous market potential for emu oil.
"In the last 12 months there has a been a significant increase in emu oil sales from Australia onto the world market," he said. “The project will continue for another three years, subject to funding.”
View Emu Oil products
WHERE DOES EMU OIL COME FROM?
- Fat Glands in Breast, Neck and top of Buttocks (Tail Area) of Emu.
- 7 to 10 litres of Oil per emu before rendering.
- Oil is not cold processed. This will not kill bacteria present.
DO BIRDS DIE FOR OIL ?
- No, they are farmed firstly for their meat (restaurants) their skin (leather industry eg. Bags, shoes, belts) then as a by product we take the oil, purify it to be safe for human use.
We also use feathers, eggs and whatever is left in order not to waste any part of the animal.
Return to top